Monday, February 1, 2010

on to February....

Like pretty much every holiday I love, love Valentines Day!!! I like hearts & I like the color red, and I just think that it is a cute holiday.
8 years ago was probably my worst Valentines ever.... Scott left on his mission on Feb. 12th. Of course I probably cried the whole day.
2, surprisingly short years later he returned on Feb 18th (another missed Feb. 14th).
So we actually didn't celebrate a Valentines Day together until we were married and every year has just gotten more fun.
Dakota is already way into it. Last night he cut out hearts for all of his friends and wrote random letters on them. He is so excited to give them out. There is one problem though.... one side of each of the hearts is for one friend (ie. Landen) & the other side he made for another friend (ie. Asher). So I am not sure if he has thought through how he is going to distribute them.
This is also a big month for Birthdays in my family. My dad, Daniel, Autumn and McKenzie all have February Birthdays. Scott's brother Jason does too. Every Sunday we are up at my parents house for cake and Ice Cream. Scott and Dakota love it!
On a SIDE NOTE: Scott never got too terribly sick.... or at least if he did, he kept it to himself. Once he saw that I was blogging about it, he stopped complaining!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Okay for some reason I can't leave comments on your blog from my home computer. So annoying! Your posts were cracking me up about Scott getting sick. I think that is so true about most guys. I think Mark just loves me being his Mommy for a day :) We need to get together with Chantell and do lunch or something. I would love it!