Wednesday, February 10, 2010

my little Fall....

Today started out like most mornings. Autumn came over so that we could cont. to train for our Half Marathon (which Autumn hates, no idea why she signed up).
Any way.... we were about a mile or so into our run when I twisted my ankle and fell so, so, so, hard!!!!
We were on the main highway that goes out to Saratoga Springs so I just crawled onto the side walk and seriously wanted to throw up. I told Autumn to run over to the nearby gas station and call Scott to come get us.
He of course did not answer since he didn't recognize the number. So my only option was to walk the mile or so home.
My hands were full of gravel, my knee was cut (although some how my pants did not tear) and my ankle was throbbing the whole way home.
I think that Autumn was secretly happy because she didn't have to run very far.
When we finally go home Scott was a little bit too amused, but he helped me clean up my battle wounds.
So....I spent the rest of the day limping around, with a massive size bump on my ankle.
Why didn't I just listen to Autumn and SLEEP IN?????

(these pictures aren't the best because they were taken with Scott's phone)


It is hard to tell, but my ankle looks like there is half a tennis ball inside.

2 comments:

Parkinson Family said...

oh ouch! that does look like a tennis ball on the side of your ankle, crazy! hope it gets better soon!

The Hansen's said...

I was going to ask you how your ankle was doing. That looked no bueno the other day, and I didn't realize how torn up the rest of you was. :( I'm sorry, hope you are feeling better.