Sunday, February 7, 2010

Nothing New,

I haven't blogged very much this week because really nothing has happened blog worthy.
Dakota on the other hand, probably thinks that this past week has been the best week ever!
It seems like he has played with at least one friend every single day this week.... and there is nothing that Dakota likes more than playing with friends.
Every Tuesday afternoon I watch my neice and nephews while Scott's brother is at school. Dakota gets so excited to see his cousins. My neighbor has also been in the hospital due to pregnancy complications and so her little boy, Kenan has been playing a lot.
We also went to my sister-in-law's house so that Dakota could play with the "other Landon". He is so funny because he has been talking a lot lately about his cousin Landon and his friend Landen, calling his cousin "the other Landon that lives far away" (Spanish Fork). Stephanie and I were so happy because they played so well and had a great time.
Dakota is also big into writing and saying all of his letters. I have been getting him a bunch of the Leap Frog stuff and he loves it. His favorite letters are W and X. I have no idea why, but they are. The best is to listen to him sing the ABC's. "A,B,C,D,H,I,P,O,P,O,W,X,Z" isusually how it goes, and he always gets so mad when you correct him.
Sadly, I am not sure that Bridger had the best week. It seems that he can never catch a break when friends are over because he is always touching and breaking everything.
He really is getting so cute, I can barely stand it!!! He is mimicing everything and starting to do some animal sounds. Still not a lot of talking... but hopefully soon, I worry that all of my kids are going to be late talkers.
My new favorite game to play with him is "I'm going to get you". I crawl after him saying that and he only runs about 4 steps bfore he turns and lets me hug him. He also is obsessed with trying to go outside. This summer is going to be both so much fun, and so hard trying to contain him.
Probably the highlight of mine and Scott's week was getting a new matress! We have never had a comfortable matress and lately I can't even sleep on my side of the bed because I keep getting pulled to the middle. So I finally said enough is enough and off to Costco we went. Finally... some decent sleep!

No comments: