Saturday, November 28, 2009

Our Thanksgiving Holiday.....

My dad, hunter, autumn & me after the TURKEY TROT!

Dakota eating his pumpkin pie (the only part of dinner that he ate)

What he was doing during dinner


It seemed like this week flew by with Thanksgiving in the mix, followed by Black Friday, followed by 2 days in a row of working!!!!


Scott and I were given a fun opportunity this week to have the boys sleep at my mom's house and have the night to just the two of us! My mom volunteered to have Dakota & Bridger sleep over Wednesday night because Thursday morning, Scott and I ran the Thanksgiving Day 4 mile Turkey Trot (along with Autumn, Hunter & my dad). This year I made a goal for me and Scott to go to the temple 1 time per month & we have done pretty good. So for our date night we decided to go out to dinner, to the temple and then to a movie. We got all dressed up and headed out just to find that the temple closed early and there was still hours until the movie. We then went home, changed and headed to the red box. It was so weird to just be able to change our plans and not have to worry about the kids. I can't believe that 4 1/2 years ago that was our life! I didn't think anything about it then, but it was really boring, and sadly we only made it through about the 1st 20 minutes of our movie before falling asleep. It was only 9 pm!!!!

We had a good Thanksgiving, starting with the Turkey Trot and then breakfast at my parents house. I sadly had to work from noon to 6 pm, so Scott went to his parents house and had dinner there. The day before Dakota and I went to Scott's mom's house to help make pies and he was so excited to get to eat his apple and pumpkin pies. Sadly he fell asleep on the way, so Thanksgiving dinner consisted of Scott, his parents and his brother Jason (& Bridger of course). Scott's parents do an amazing dinner, so I was excited for the left overs when I got done with work!
Friday morning me, my mom, Autumn & McKenzie headed to the mall for the big shopping day!!! There wasn't anything in particular that we wanted, but it is a fun excuse to get to go shopping, and there were some pretty good sales. But all the money I saved did not equal out to the money that my little shopping trip ended up costing me..... due to the fact that at some point during the day I lost my car keys, which wouldn't be the world's biggest deal other than the fact that they were my only set of keys!!! (Scott has been telling me forever to get a $2 spare key made!) Why would I do that? My life couldn't be complicated if I did something that simple! I called a lock smith and they said that it would be about $250.00 due to the holiday weekend to get my car re-keyed. If I wait until Monday it will still be around $150.00! I decided to wait the weekend out.... so here I sit at work, while my car sits at Target!!!

No comments: