Wednesday, November 4, 2009

a little update....

The reason that I really wanted to start a blog is because I am horrible and writing in a journal and I never keep up on scrap books.... so I thought that this could be the best of both worlds. This week I decided to make the goal of doing a little journal entry every week. There are so many milestones that I don't remember of Dakota's because never wrote anything down, so the goal to catch every important event in both Dakota and Bridger's life from here on out...... HERE I GO!!!

Sadly, nothing is new with me lately. Just being a mom and working every other weekend. I am so glad that I have nursing (my job, not breastfeeding). As much as it is nice that I don't really have to work too much, it is also nice to get out of the house and get to chat with other moms and women. Plus, it is also a bonus for Scott to play mom for 12 hours and see just how much fun it can be. Actually, most of the time it just makes me feel guilty because when he gets home at night I just can't wait for him to take over, but when I get home I just want to have some quiet time. Really I think that my working helps us both to better appreciate each other.

Scott is super busy between work and school. Even though I had been going to school until last semester it is easy for me to forget all the stress of homework and be totally annoyed when Scott sits at the computer all night. I really can't wait for him to be done in December. We will probably be bored out of our minds at night though. There is a lot of stuff that I would like to start doing and I now that the boys will love having more dad time. Scott will most likely fill all the free time with hunting of some sort.

Dakota is crazy as ever. Maggie was so nice to let us borrow a bike that she had and he has slowly been learning to ride it. It is really frustrating to him when he knows that he could just jump in his jeep and go 100x faster. This week we are working on 2 things. Not sleeping with his boppy pillow and just using a "big kid" regular pillow. And we are trying to not use a sippy cup anymore. He is doing fine with both and not having the cup is making it a lot easier for him to not have to use a pull-up at night. He is always asking "kids do this???" Like do kids wear pull-ups to bed? If I say no then he is determined to wear underwear to bed. He just wants to be like all the big kids in the neighborhood. Even at 3 years old he is obsessed with friends and already experiencing peer pressure. Preschool is going really well, but I feel that his mind is being overloaded with new info. The other day I asked him to count to 5 and he said "1..2...8..9..10...Wednesday"!!!!
Last, but not least, BRIDGER. I think that he is getting pretty close to walking. He can stand all by himself and is trying to take steps on his own, but can't quite get it yet. His new thing this week is to pull everything out of all of the cupboards. He seriously goes from cupboard to drawer to cupboard. Before I even notice the whole house is a mess. He also loves to play in the toilet.... and he doesn't even care if Dakota has recently peed without flushing. It seriously is the worst.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the counting and then throwing in Wednesday! ha ha So funny! Your family pictures on the side are so adorable! Your little boys are so cute and SO big!! You look so good. So skinny!! I have to admit I am a little on the jealous side. Your family is beautiful!!