Monday, November 23, 2009

4 Years Ago.....

Today is Dakota's actual Birthday (which was very confusing to him since he has pretty much had 4 days of birthday.) This morning I told him that 4 years ago he popped out of my stomach. He of course thought that was the silliest thing he had ever heard (obviously only Bridger came out of my stomach, Dakota on the other hand, has just been in our family forever). The more that I thought about it "popped out" was not the case, in fact just the opposite! After a 48 hour induction & about 90 minutes of pushing, he did pop out. I told Scott that had I known how crazy Dakota was going to be, I might have driven a little slower to the hospital and enjoyed those hours of labor knowing that they were the last break that I would get!!!!

But really we are so happy to have him in our family. He has changed so much over the last year. He is now about 36 lbs. and 40 inches tall. His talking has improved greatly and a once very serious little boy.... he has gotten a hilarious sense of humor. His big thing now is to say "kidding". example: "mom, I peed in my toy room!" me, "you better not have!" "KIDDING MOM!!!!" (but don't think that I didn't go check just in case).

To finish the big birthday celebration Scott, Bridger and I took Dakota to Pirate Island Pizza. I told the waiter that it was his birthday and Dakota was so scared that he immediately denied it and then hid under the table while they sang to him. It was a fun end to the longest Birthday ever!!!

Here are some past Birthday Parties!!!!

3 years old


2 years old


the big 1 year old!

1 comment:

The Morales Family said...

So cute I love all the past years of pictures that you have of him. Lets get together next week. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!