Friday, November 20, 2009

the long awaited PIRATE PARTY!!!!

After much planning and anticipation, Dakota's "friends party" finally arrived! Originally he wanted a shark party, but after looking into it, I talked him into a pirate/ shark party just for my own convenience. Plus I told him that we could say "Arrgh, Happy Birthday", and he thought that was really funny. I had all of his birthday stuff set up when he woke up and he could barely wait the 2 hours until his friends started coming. I attempted a few games, but mostly 2,3 and 4 year olds just want to run around and be crazy. The next part of the party included pizza, cupcakes and ice cream, followed by presents (sadly i could not find matches so we had to skip that part). We then ended the party with a pinata, which took 10 mins of hitting before it opened andthen onto the treasure hunt. Eventhough I thought the whole thing was crazy and chaotic, all the kids seemed to have a great time and that is what counts. Thanks from me and dakota, to all the friends and moms that came!!!


maggie made the tops for these cupcakes, Dakota loved the shark ones!!!

dakota was in heaven with all of the fun presents that he got. he thinks that he turned 4 and his birthday is over. little does he know that he still has his family party on Sunday!
landon & laila
landon
eli
kenan
landen
asher

2 comments:

Jeff and Brandi said...

Looks like Fun! The cake tops looked awesome too. I'm glad I have a few more years before friend birthday parties!!!!

The Morales Family said...

So much fun!!! I love the picture of Dakota with his pirate chest. so cute!!