Sunday, November 15, 2009

It is official.....


we have been SWINED!!!!!

I hate to even announce it because I feel that it is like my house has the plague or something and no one will ever want to be around us again.... but it is true, Dakota has the swine flu!!!!

It all started Thursday night, he had a minor cough, but nothing even remotely serious. He went to bed and about midnight he woke up crying and fevering. I knew right away what it was because I had heard that one minute you are fine and the next minute you are deathly ill. He threw up maybe once or twice through out the night, but his fever came down with Motrin. In the morning Scott took Bridger to be with my mom (thanks again mom) and I took Dakota to the doctor. I gave him more Motrin before we left so when he got there he was doing pretty good and didn't seem all that sick. The nurse practitioner who saw him thought that it might be the flu and decided that we should test him so that if Bridger started getting sick, we could treat him right away (since he has some asthma issues). Dakota did so good getting tested, but on the way home the Motrin started wearing off and he started to get whiny and wanted to go home.

On Saturday I had to go to work and while there I got his test results back, POSITIVE!!! The nurse said that I could treat him with Tamiflu if I wanted... heck yea! Between Tylenol and Motrin he has been feeling pretty good. Yesterday Scott took him pheasant hunting which is just driving around (and most important it gets him away from Bridger). Bridger getting sick is the big worry. He got the H1N1 vaccine this past week, but it is not good for 2 weeks (so basically no good at all right now). Scott is the other big worry, I really don't think that I can handle a super sick husband, every wife knows what I am talking about. Luckily I am vaccinated and it is nice to know that I can be around Dakota and don't have to worry about getting sick. Thank goodness for working in the hospital!!!!

So for now we are just waiting for Dakota to get better (he is contagious for 24 hours after his last fever) and hoping and praying that Bridger doesn't get it. Thanks to my mom and McKenzie who have helped take care of Bridger. McKenzie has stayed at our house basically the whole weekend while I have worked. Scott's parents are coming home from a trip early to take care of Bridger tomorrow and then hopefully we will be good.

So that is our fun story for the weekend, as gross as it sounds we did get swined!!!!

No comments: