Tuesday, November 17, 2009

doing so much better!!!

Well, after a lousy weekend, we are doing a lot better at our house. Saturday was pretty rough for Dakota, but he hasn't had a fever since.... so that is good. The doctor says that they aren't contagious once they can go 24 hours without a fever, but I haven't really been taking him anywhere anyways. I think that he got spoiled too much being sick because now he is just being super demanding and mean. Plus his birthday is less than a week away and all day today he keeps saying that it is "hard to wait". Tonight I finally made him a chain and said that we will cut one link off everynight and when they are all gone then it will be his birthday!!! I have a feeling that the chain will not make it to Sunday.
On to Bridger.... on Sunday night he was already asleep when I home form work so I went into see how he was doing and he felt really hot to me. I took his temp. and of course it was 101.4!!! I was so freaked out. I called the Dr on-call immediately to find out the tamiflu dosage for a baby (since I had some for Dakota). He was the biggest jerk, he said that he didn't know the dosage and that he thought that Dakota should have never been given tamiflu (since he isn't high risk). Thanks for the help doc!! He threw up once in the night, and his fever came down easily with the Motrin. The next morning I called my actual Ped. and they said that it was probably best to start the tamiflu just because of his age and asthma stuff. He had a fever one more time, but other than that he has been perfectly fine. I am not sure if I just started treating him right away, or the fact that he had some immunity from the vaccine, or maybe he just didn't catch it. Either way he is getting treated. Pretty much since the H1N1 virus started I have been dreading that my kids would get it... and at least now I don't have to worry about it, at least for this year!

2 comments:

Darin and Kali said...

That sucks but good to hear you guys are doin better. Tell Scotty boy to give me a call some time. I've been goin duck hunting lately and he took me my first time. I'm goin tomorrow morning and saturday morning so if he wants to come have him call me, 8013804268.

Anonymous said...

The Swine Flu is the worst!! And, I can't believe how rude the on-call doctor was. I am sure that Bridger did well because you started him so quickly. But, that is NEVER fun. Now you don't have to worry about it anymore though! Hope you guys are doing well.