Tuesday, April 20, 2010

the joys of Friends & Neighborhoods....

Since the weather has suddenly/ finally turned nice Dakota has been outside a lot.... along with the rest of the neighborhood!!!!
I really do love that we have so many young kids on our street, but I do not love the fact that Dakota has to be playing with friends 24 hours a day.
I remember when I was little and wanting to play all of the time and thinking that it was so dumb when my mom would say that I couldn't.
Why did she care????
Well..... now I know and it sucks having kids run in and out of my house constantly. Not to mention that Dakota will just head to a friends house with out telling me.
Ironically, I can remember me and Chantell taking off all of the time. Even going really far on dirt roads to this place where there was a stream that we could play in.
We couldn't understand why it was a big deal that we had failed to mention that we were leaving or where we were going.
Isn't being a mom so much fun?????

2 comments:

The Morales Family said...

Now its biting you in the butt! Remember riding our bikes to thirty C? Just wait until he wants to ride his bike there! ha ha ot ready for that either!!!!

Barbie said...

When I read this I had to smile!!!
I am still going through this with the boys though, but I am glad you get it and can now admit that maybe I had a point and wasn't the meanest mom in the world!!!! I am so happy that you are a mom now with little boys of your own!!!!!!