Friday, December 25, 2009

It was the night before Christmas....

and all through the house......

not a creature was stirring,
not even a mouse!


CHRISTMAS MORNING!!!!

My mom always left our stockings by our door and I have cont. that tradition.


Dakota's long awaited "mummy thing"
Scott got this picture for me by our favorite photographer, Thomas Mangelsen.
It is called Wings of Autumn
I got Scott golf clubs, which he will hopefully have more time to use now that he is done with school.

We had a great Christmas this year, probably the best ever!!!! A lot of this had to do with the fact that I didn't have to work and we got everything put together and wrapped a few days in advance so Christmas Eve got to be spent relaxing.

Scott and I went to the temple and did sealings Christmas Eve morning. Our ward had an asignment that morning and I thought that it would be a good way to start the holiday off. Eventhough Dakota is a lost cause, I thought that me and Scott still needed a reminder of the true meaning of Christmas. It was nice and maybe it is something that we can make a tradition of.

Later during the day we went and saw the Christmas Carol with my family. It was pretty scary, so of course Dakota was entertained. We then went to my parents house, had dinner and exchanged gifts. It was awesome, because on the way home both boys fell asleep and Scott and I had the rest of the night to ourselves. We fell asleep watching It's a Wonderful Life, which Scott has never finished and probably never will.

Christmas morning started when Dakota came and got in our bed around 6 am. After that I was so excited I was never really able to go back to sleep. I realized that Dakota doesn't really care about what is inside the present as much as he wants to open them. He opened all of his and Bridger's present in less that 10 minutes. His very favorite thing was his playmobil Pyramid. I got him all of the Mummy movies and he wanted to watch one immediatly and then play along.

Scott and I waited until after breakfast to open our presents, but again Dakota insisted on opening all of them at turbo speed. So much for making Christmas last.... maybe next year. I can't believe that it is all over and now I have to wait eleven more months before I can get started again.

No comments: