Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Holiday Activites!!!

It seems like Christmas is coming so fast this year!!! I hate it because there is so much work and anticipation, and then it is over so quick. This year is the first time that Dakota really understands the whole "Santa" thing. He has a count down stocking and every night I put a little something in it (which I tell him is from Santa's Helpers). I swear that it has caused him to start waking up earlier just so he can run out and look. On Sunday I left for work without putting something out for him, so Scott decided to write him a letter from Santa.... telling him that he would not get anything else until he started being nicer to Bridger. Dakota was so sad and made sure he was good and didn't get another note. Now that I have put some presents under the tree, Dakota can barely stand it. He is constantly wanting to open them and I am constantly telling him not until Christmas. He keeps telling me "it's hard to wait!" I really don't know how we are ever going to get him to go to sleep on Christmas Eve!

The past week has been full of different Christmas activities. Dakota has seen Santa at least 3 times, and he tells him something different that he wants every time. I have had to tell him that Santa is done making all of his toys, and Santa can not make SNAKES. Which he responds that "Santa can make the cage and he will just catch one to put in it." Lucky for me Bridger is as happy as can be to just walk around and unplug my tree. I have to keep telling myself not to get him very much for Christmas since he could really care less.

I am pretty much done with all of my shopping and that is a huge stress reliever. Scott on the other hand hasn't even started. I guess he does best under pressure. Today he is taking his last final and then he is officially done with his degree. It seemed like the day would never come and I am so excited and so proud of him.

So here are some pictures from the past week.....

Santa's sleigh, which he happens to park at my parent's house.



Noah and Dakota on the trailer ride to the LIVE NATIVITY
Dakota was actually excited to see baby Jesus
(this made me happy because one of the wise men cut off baby Jesus's head in the nativity that I got for Dakota to play with.... & he thought it was a dumb girl toy!)

Making Gingerbread Houses at my parents.


The Learning Dynamic Preschool's Christmas Program.



Our friends (Ryan and Tami) anual Christmas Party.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I love the face on Santa's lap! Looks like you guys are doing so many fun things this year! And CUTE Christmas card.