Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Saturday Duck Hunting

Scott is always bugging me to go duck hunting. Last Saturday I finally gave in and the whole family went to Bicknell (by Capital Reef) for a day of duck hunting. It is almost 3 hours away! When we got there we drove around until we saw some ducks. Then we got out in the freezing cold and walked up and down a river. Scott shot a couple of ducks, followed by Kenai dragging them out of the river. The highlight of the trip was a Bicknell burger which consists of a home-made bun, 2 patties and 2 different types of cheese.....seriously so good. Finally, we drove the three hours back home. You would think that all of that driving wouldn't be worth it, but Scott and Dakota were thrilled! Mission Accomplished!!!!
This is how Scott hunts when he takes Dakota out.... scary I know!
Bridger had a hard time walking with all of the extra layers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fun!! I knew you'd join him in his hunting adventures one of these days. So, I talked to Brandi, and it looks like I am coming over to your house on Tuesday. She invited me to you guy's little playdate...hopefully that's okay. :) I can't wait to see you. It has been so long. When I imagine you it is 6:00am in the LPHS gym! I'm excited for Tuesday.