Thursday, December 31, 2009

On to a NEW YEAR!!!!

I have never been a huge fan of New Years Eve. It seems like before I got married there was all the stress of what we were going to do and which boys we were going to hang out with.... and now it seems like we can't go anywhere because the kids go to bed early and Scott and I can barely stay up until midnight!!!

This year we got lucky and my little brother Daniel, brought a friend and came and babysat for us. Scott and I ate at one of our favorite restaurants, The Happy Sumo, and then went and saw Sherlock Holmes (loved it, would definitely recommend it). It was the first time in I don't know how long that we went to a movie that was packed full.

It was a nice end to a great year! We have had so much happen in our family in 2009, starting with Bridger's birth last January. Other big events include me and Scott both finishing our Bachelor degrees (me in May, Scott this month). It is so exciting to think of starting this next year with no more late night classes or homework. Dakota had an exciting year finally being old enough to go camping and hunting a lot more with his dad, and starting school.

Looking on to this next year, there are so many things that I want to work on personally. Scott wants me to relax more and not get so stressed out about the house being clean. If only there was a way for me to relax more and have the house just stay clean.

Some New Year Resolutions that I really do want to work on are...
-Reading to Dakota and Bridger more and to spend more time playing with them. (so basically not worry so much about cleaning).
-Start reading more myself (it is something that I used to do a lot of, but stopped with school).
-Continue going to the temple every month.
-Read my scriptures more frequently.
-Run a half marathon, and run the whole thing (me, my dad and Autumn are signed up to run one in Moab in March).
On to 2010!!!!!

1 comment:

Barbie said...

Summer I love the new blog. That was really fast!