Saturday, December 19, 2009

The True Meaning of Christmas

Dakota is so obsessed with presents and Santa, that I have really been trying to push the nativity story and Christmas being baby Jesus birthday. Sadly I feel that I am getting no where with his little 4 year old mind.

A few weeks ago I got him a Playmobil Nativity set and he hated it right away because he claimed that it was a "girl toy". Later that day the wise man used his staff and cut baby Jesus head off. Literally, like it has to be glued back together. I was so mad that I put the whole thing away and didn't get it out again until yesterday.

He seems to like it a little bit more, but for the most part his pirates just steal the "treasure" that the wise men gave to Jesus and then have a battle with them. I tried telling him the whole part of the story of King Hared and the angel coming and saving baby Jesus. Dakota seemed a little bit intrigued, but mostly he just wanted to know which one of his guys was the "bad king"?

A few minutes ago I went into his room to find the angel tied up and being shot out of a CANNON! HELP!!!!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Okay, so I shouldn't be laughing, but that is hilarious. Maybe year five is the age he'll start to understand?

dillon and kim said...

Uh! Summer! I'm am cracking up! Gotta love little boys. I give you props for the effort you've made! That's awesome.