Sunday, May 23, 2010

Saddest Story Ever.......

This past Thursday my Grandpa (who is 89 and lives alone) was robbed at gun point!!!
Three men broke into his house at around 9:30 in the morning...
and after threatening to kill him if he didn't open his safe,
they hand cuffed him to a door.
Amazingly, he was able to take the door off of the hinges
and then drag it to the phone to call for help!!!
Luckily he wasn't hurt other than a few bumps and bruises,
but as you can imagine he is pretty shaken up!!!

Last night my dad was on the news talking about the event... here is the link,
ksl.com - Family of elderly robbery victim offers reward

6 comments:

The Morales Family said...

So Sad!!! Your poor Grandpa!!!

dillon and kim said...

Summer! I saw this on the news and wondered if it was your family! I'm so sorry, it broke my heart thinking of such a sweet old man being so scared. Please let me know if you or your family need anything!

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding? That is so sad. I hope they find something about who did it, that's so sad.

Jeff and Brandi said...

Oh my gosh that is aweful. What is wrong with people seriously.

Parkinson Family said...

oh my goodness...that is terrible...so sad, i hope they find them!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! Your poor grandpa. I am so sorry!!