Monday, May 6, 2013

A post a Day for the month of May....

In an effort to revamp my blog and really get going again, I decided to take a cue from my bff, next door neighbor Alicia and do a post a day, for the rest of the month of May.  (In reality it will just be posting a lot more than the lately, usual....) The blog ~storyofmylifeblog.blogspot.com~ has different topics to write about each day....
so here I go!

Post #1  "the story of your life in 250 words or less" 


I was born on October 24th 1984 at American Fork Hospital.
I was my parents first born.  They named me Summer, after a little girl that I think my dad thought was cute.  They went on to use Autumn and Mckenzie Spring.... but Summer was their favorite!!!

Basically from the moment I was born I wanted a sister... sadly a boy came next,
but that didn't stop me from calling him Autumn.
6 more kids followed and I truly wanted a girl each time.  
My youngest brother was born the day after my 18th birthday,
rounding our family out with 4 boys and 4 girls.  

Growing up I always loved Dancing and for the most part I liked school.
Above all.... I really loved boys!
 I don't think that a moment went by that I wasn't life and death, in love with one boy or another. 
Lucky for me, the summer after my Junior year I met Scott while he was working at Subway.
I knew I wanted to marry him after only a few hangout ~ make out sessions :-)

Later that same year my baby sister Aspen passed away from Leukemia,
sparking my later career in nursing.

February 13th, 2002... that's right, the day be for Valentines Day, 
Scott left on his mission to Lansing Michigan.  major tears,,,,
I filled the next 2 years with graduating from high school and 
heading off to Weber State for College.

Scott and I were married in August of 2004, 6 months after his return.
I knew I wanted 2 things for sure,
to wait until I was 25 to have kids
and that I wanted all girls!!!!

It should have been no surprise when Dakota joined our family in November of 2005.
Bridger followed not too soon after in January of 2009.

Now we live in Highland and I feel like I am still trying to figure out how to be a good mom and wife, but I am so grateful for my life today and the road that got me here!