Saturday, June 12, 2010

Utah Valley 1/2 Marathon!!!

At 4:30 this morning Autumn, my dad & I
headed up Provo Canyon for the UV Half Marathon.

I was really stressed about the rain,
but it ended up being not too bad and
even probably better than if it had been sunny and hot.

I felt so much better at the end of this race
(basically I didn't want to kill myself)
I am not sure that my time was any better...
so that will be my goal for the next one.

There was a full Marathon that started in Walsberg
and the Half started about 6 miles up the canyon.
They both ended at Provo Town Center Mall.

Right as I was finishing,
one of the first Full Marathon runners came across the finish line.
A sad reminder to me that no matter how good I think that I am doing....
there is always someone running Twice as Fast!!!!