Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Help????

So after what seems like forever of training, Saturday is the Moab Half Marathon!!!!

I have always wanted to run one, but have never thought that I could really put the time and energy into running 13 miles...... or is it 13 1/2, I really don't know.

I am getting really nervous about it to be honest. Last Friday me and my dad ran about 10 1/2 miles and I felt so, so sick after. Even my dad's dog started throwing up. I am scared that I won't be able to go another 3 miles, but most people that I have talked to only ran about 10 before running their race.

So.... that is where I need help from those of you that have ran long distances,

what should I eat or drink the morning of the race????

how much should I be running this week???

what should I eat the night before????

any other tips???

2 comments:

Parkinson Family said...

ummm...sorry i cant help here...but good luck!!

amy said...

how did it go? my sister-in-law wants me to do a half marathon with her but i'm not too sure about it... i suck at running! just wanted to finally leave a comment to tell you i love reading your blog--you are hilarious and a very good writer. i love checking it to see if you have new posts. your boys are so funny and they are just darling. -Amy (Olson)