Thursday, August 20, 2009

First Day of School!!!

Today was a very exciting day for both Dakota and I, the first day of Preschool. I was so nervous for him that I couldn't sleep all last night. Since I signed him up in January, I have been talking about it to him non-stop and driving by so that he could look at the big red Apple. His school is right by Scott's work, so dad will get to take him most of the time, but I had to do on the first day. He ran right in and didn't even look back!!! He will be going every Tues/ Thurs from 9:00 - 11:15.
What was most amazing was how much I could do in 2 hours and 15 minutes. I went to Smith's, took my groceries home, went to Costco, got my car washed and still got there 10 minutes early. Plus.... I didn't have to buy any extra snacks or toys!
Every day they get to take a "show and tell" but they can't take pretend weapons, so that pretty much eliminates all of Dakota's toys. He is obsessed with sharks, so he took his Shark Book for the first day.
He was very excited about his "apple" bag, even if it does not show in this picture!

1 comment:

The Sundstrom's said...

Wow!!! I can't believe that the little man is in preschool. He looks so cute! I hope he had a great day (I know you did)!