Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The tale of two TAGS....

It all started a long time ago when Scott took baby Dakota to be babysat by his grandmother. Like any dad, Scott forgot to take a blanket in the middle of winter, so while my mom was out she picked up a random blanket from Babies R US..... and the rest is history. Dakota has had that blanket with him ever since. It now has faded to a completely different shade of blue, is starting to tear and has multiple holes caused by campfire sparks. This blanket also has a name, "TOUCHIE". Dakota is now old enough to call it a blanket in front of people, but it will always be his touchie. Until about 6 months ago, Touchie went everywhere with us. Dakota's sunbeam teacher asked if we could just send it with him every week because he did so much better having it with him. Luckily, one day Dakota realized that "friends don't take blankets with them", but he always informs me that they have them at home.

The best part about Touchie is the TAG. Dakota loves to rub it on his nose. After almost 4 years of rubbing, the poor tag is almost gone, but it is still good enough for Dakota!!!!

Right before Bridger was born my mom got him the same blanket in a different color. Of course Bridger just loves it now and gets so excited when ever he sees it. Also not surprising at all, is the fact that he loves the tag. Every time that I hand it to him or he finds it, he immediatly shoves his two fingers into his mouth and caresses the tag (Scott refers to the practice as tag molesting).

My only fear is that they will stop making the blanket and my next child will not be blessed with a TOUCHIE.




3 comments:

Barbie said...

I am thinking maybe I should just go pick out a pink blanket and hold on to it!!!!! Just in case.......

Parkinson Family said...

thats funny that they both do that...gotta love the little things they come up with!

Anonymous said...

That is so cute!! I feel like I need to go to Babies R Us and buy my kids a touchie! Maybe it can go to nursery with Jax and make my church experience a little less miserable.

As for what your mom said...what is all this just in case business? Are you needing to announce something? :)