Sunday, January 17, 2010

Resolutions....

One of my resolutions for this year was to read to Dakota and Bridger more and I have been doing pretty good.
Bridger likes to just sit and point at the pictures, but he also likes to go in his own order with the pages. Sometimes I don't feel like I am doing much. But.... today at church Bridger went over to my purse and started throwing things out like usual. He all the sudden got super excited and pulled out one of his books. It was so cute... he crawled over to a clear spot, sat down and started looking through the pages. It made me happy that a book got him excited.
Dakota, on the other hand is easy to read to except for the fact that a lot of his books are really long and complex. example: he has books about Tornadoes, Deep Ocean Fish, Spiders and Sharks. Not just the basic preschool stories. The other night me and Scott each read him a book and then I told him that he could read us a book (Scott had already fallen asleep during my book). Each page of the Shark book that Dakota read me started with "a long time ago..." and ended with a shark eating berries, a bear, a mom and dad, or a kid! It was a little bit violent but very cute.
Another resolution that I have been working on is training for the Moab half marathon in March. Yesterday me and my dad ran 8 miles!!!!! The winter weather has made it hard, but so far I think that we are on track!!!!

1 comment:

maggie said...

I think ALL stories should end with a mom, dad and kid being eaten...don't you? :)