Sunday, July 12, 2009

Our SICK Little BOY....

We have had a rough weekend to say the least!!!
It all started Friday when I noticed that Bridger was kind of stuffy and seemed like he was breathing fast. He already had his 6 month doctor appointment on Monday so I wasn't sure if I needed to take him, but I decided not to wait the whole weekend. They said that he sounded like he could be having an asthma attack or a respiratory infection. Either way they gave me a machine to do breathing treatments with him at home to help open up his airway.
He did okay through out the night so he went to my mom's Saturady morning while I went to work (Scott was camping with Dakota). I kept calling to check on him and my mom informed me that he didn't want his bottle. I knew that something was wrong because Bridger never turns down food so I made another doctor's appointment.
Scott got home in time to take him. While in the waiting room, his lips started turning blue!!!! When they checked his O2 saturations they were only 77 (you want at least over 90). The doctor immediatly put oxygen on him and rushed him over to the Emergency Room at American Fork Hospital. It was then that I got a frantic call at work from Scott to come meet him. After getting his breathing somewhat under control they tested him for Pneumonia, RSV and Influenza, all of which came back negative.
They admitted us onto the pediatric unit, and that is where we currently are. They still do not know why he is having problems breathing, luckily he is doing better today and has been off oxygen for a couple of hours now. He is still working hard to breath so we will be here until at least until tomorrow. Hopefully we will be able to figure out what the problem is.
Getting a breathing treatment by one of the awesome RTs!

Mom and Bridger
I have to admit that it has been very frustrating being the mom and not the nurse. Working on labor and delivery, when problems occur you fix them, and if you can't, then you do a c-section. I hate not knowing what is wrong and how slow it is taking to fix it. Every nurse, doctor and respiratory therapist that comes in has a different opinion of what is wrong. Luckily everyone has been really nice and super sweet with Bridger. Although I am getting a little bit sick of all of the comments of how big and healthy he is. I get it.... he is a fatty!!!!

Big bro Dakota!!!
He has been staying with
Grandma and Grandpa (he refers to them as Mama and Pocpoc)
and uncle Noah (Rara), Hunter and Daniel, having the time of his life!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about that! Poor little guy. I hope they figure out what the problem is. And, there is nothing I love more than a "healthy" looking baby...especially the thighs!

dillon and kim said...

summer I hope everything gets better soon. keep us updated and let us know if there's anything we can do. your boys are so so cute and growing up fast!