Monday, September 23, 2013

Half Ironman Relay

Last month I participated in the Utah Half Ironman again,
but this year I got smart and did it as a relay.

A few weeks before I was really wanting to do something fun.... 
I hadn't done as many triathlons this year as I had wanted to and was kind of bummed.
Somehow I thought of the idea to do the Utah Half and sign up as a relay team.  
Each part is still really long, so it is still a fun challenge.  
One of my friends that I did it with last year is also pregnant (I am pregnant for those who don't know) so I knew she would probably be interested in doing a part.  She is an awesome runner and her friend Laura is an unreal swimmer.
 Combined, I knew we would have a great team.

It was so, so nice to only have to worry about the bike portion of the race. 
(I hated the swim and run last year)
It is an awesome 56 mile bike course with minimal climbing.  I was able to meet my time goal and our team as a whole did great! 
I was so greatful to Jenny and Laura for doing the hardest parts of the race :-)



I rented some really cool race wheels that made all of the difference
(at least in my head they did!)






 The following weekend Autumn convinced me to do a triathlon at 7 Peaks.
I was a little hesitant because the order was backwards...
run, bike and then a swim in the wave pool :-)
It was fun, but it ended up being supper hard... the run was steep up hill!!!


No comments: