Sunday, March 18, 2012

Happy St. Patricks Day

                                  Dakota has been so obsessed with St. Patrick's Day this year,
more specifically with Leprechauns!!!

It started a few days ago when he told me that
he was going to set a trap and catch a Leprechaun. 
He also went on to inform he that Leprechauns are both "Sneaky and Liars"! 
When I asked him what they lie about it, he told me
"they say that they will give you their money, but if you let them go they will lie." :-)

So all week Dakota has been setting up traps.  I thought that it was so cute that I went out and got some chocolate gold coins to leave in his trap.  He was so excited, but immediately reset that trap and waited for more chocolate coins.

                                                 Dakota also spent time making this poster
                                                that he took to school to give to his teacher.
                                                         I worked on St. Patrick's Day,
                                         but the night before I set out gold coins, lucky charms
                                        and made little green footprints going across the counter.

                                               
                                                  I thought that Dakota would be so excited,
                                       but he immediately informed me that he thought is was me.
                                                  Apparently you can trap a Leprechaun,
                                                but they don't just leave you gold for free...

1 comment:

Matt & Autumn said...

that picture of dakota & bridge is so cute!