Tuesday, November 23, 2010

5 Years Old!!!


Today is Dakota's 5th Birthday!!!!
Hard to believe that I have a 5 year old.... no longer a toddler in any way.

He was born the day before Thanksgiving, 3 weeks early.
He was 7lbs. 6 oz. and 20 inches long.... descent size for being early.
I remember that I hadn't felt very good and hadn't felt him move very much, so I stopped by the doctor's office on my way to school. My blood pressure ended up being too high so my doctor sent me over to the hospital to be induced.
After hearing his heart beat and knowing he was just fine, I remember being mad that I had even gone in because I really needed to take a test.
Dr. Lameroux told me that it was probably going to be a 48 hour induction.
That seemed crazy to me, but 2 days later,
almost 48 hours on the dot..... Dakota was born.

2 days after that, Scott and I left with a new baby, and I really was scared to death. I had no idea what to expect. Lucky for me Dakota was the best baby in the world. He seriously slept the whole 1st year of his life away. Even now, he would sleep in until 10 every morning if I let him.

Dakota has always been very independent and super stubborn. I think that is just part of being the oldest child. At the same time, he is also very loving and extremely sweet. He is always quick to say "thank you" and "I love you"!!!

Dakota is 110% all BOY!!!!
He loves hunting, camping, bugs, reptiles, sharks and pretty much all toys. Right now his big thing is Legos!!!I love it when he builds random things and then proudly shows me.
He is also really into letters!!! He is even starting to read and doing really well!!!

I could go on forever about Dakota.....
but really I just want to say that I am so glad that 5 years ago today, Dakota started our family!!!

Happy Birthday Dakota!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I just saw your posts. Your pics are so cute! I just set up my Christmas tree ad made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and thought of you Summer. Hope all is well. Much love and happy holidays, Tiffany

Lyssa Beth said...

Isn't it weird to think that we were both pregnant over 5 years ago?! Seriously it felt like yesterday. He's a cutie and definitely all boy!

Anonymous said...

5 is pretty dang old. He is such a beautiful little boy!!! And, I love his lego cake.:)