Tuesday, August 10, 2010

10K at 10K!!!!

Last weekend Scott and I went on a one night camp out.... just the 2 of us!
We camped up Fairview Canyon and it was so quiet and peaceful,
and the best part was there were no bugs which is my least favorite part of camping.
The weather was perfect and it was by far the best camping trip I have been on in a long time.
It is amazing how much easier camping is with out kids.
(not that I don't love them.)

We decided to go to Fairview so that we could run a race that went along Skyline Drive
(one of Scott's favorite places to 4 wheel.)
The race was called "10K @ 10K" because it went up to 10,000 feet.
It was actually a really hard race for me....
the first 2 miles were up hill and I hate HILLS.
But the rest was all down and the scenery was beautiful.
I think that we are going to have to make a tradition of it.



...........................................................................................................................................
Sadly for our babysitter McKenzie,
her weekend was not a walk in the park!!!
Dakota threw up all night and
Bridger had diarrhea along with a diaper rash.
Plus our newest pet snake got lost.
Needless to say, she was happy to leave!

No comments: