Thursday, October 1, 2015

Labor Day Weekend

Our Labor Day weekend was packed full of fun!!!
Scott was already in Colorado deer hunting so the boys headed to Lake Powell with my dad on Friday afternoon.  Saturday morning I got up at the butt crack of dawn... literally and ran the Nebo Half Marathon.  It was almost all down hill and I loved the weather and the course.  After I got home and had a quick shower, Reese and I headed to meet Scott and meet everyone at Lake Powell for a quick overnighter before I had to get back for work.

This was Reese's first Lake Powell adventure and she did great for the most part.  She loved everything about the boat and lake and was awesome about wearing a life jacket the whole time.  The one down side was that she would not sleep and after my early half marathon, I was exhausted! She was still the highlight of the trip for everyone and was so cute.  Another highlight was that we were able to get Dakota up on a wakeboard!!!  He only took a few tries to get up and then had it down.  His last time, he had a body slamming crash and decided that he was done for the trip!













Reese loved this stuffed dog that was on the boat!!!




Sunday night Bridger, Reese and I headed home while Dakota and Scott headed to Colorado to go deer hunting.  Monday morning they saw a deer and while Scott set up his bow, he let Dakota drive the 4-Wheeler over so Scott could take the shot.  It was a definite team effort and a fun memory for Dakota and Scott.



No comments: