Monday, January 13, 2014

Christmas 2013

Christmas came and went so fast this year!!!!  
And like always I was so sad when it was over.

My mom had her Christmas Eve party a few days early to accommodate Autumn and Matt, so for the first time ever... we were left to do our own Christmas Eve festivities!!!
We started by having the boys open their Snow Globes and blankets that they made for each other (that was at least the idea, but it seemed like I did most of the work :-)




Next the boys put on their new pajamas and headed to the car for our own little Polar Express ride!!!
We picked up some hot chocolate from Starbucks and then drove through the lights at Thanksgiving Point!  The boys really seemed to enjoy it and hopefully it turns into a new tradition!




Bridger fell asleep on the way home from the lights so it was left up to Dakota to set up for Santa!
He was really excited and wanted to go right to bed.  I was thrilled when Dakota was asleep by 8:30 and was quick to start putting everything out!!!! 
I had the most wonderful night envisioned in my head full of a bath and a Christmas movie in bed!  That all came to a close when Dakota caught us putting all of the presents out (pretty sure the Santa thing is over for him) and he was up for hours claiming that he couldn't go to sleep!



I swear the boys were up by 6 am going through all their stuff!  I made everyone wait until 8 before we really dug in....
Everyone seemed to think Christmas was a huge success, so I guess my mission was accomplished!!!  Can't wait for next year when we can buy a few little girl gifts... :-)






1 comment:

Matt & Autumn said...

i didn't know dakota saw you putting the stuff out. haha funny!!!