Monday, October 1, 2012

Kokopelli

 A few weeks ago we went down to St. George and competed in the Kokopelli Triathlon.
Chantell and Ray came with us, along with another family in our neighborhood.

The Tri took place at Sand Hollow Reservoir.  I had never been there before and was impressed with how nice it was.  It was the first lake that I could actually see a few feet in front of me.  
The one down side was that there was an outbreak of "Swimmers Itch" which is a parasite that gets in the warm, shallow water.  Luckily none of us ended up with the itch. :-)

It was a great race and I ended up finishing 1st in my age group and 5th overall for the women....
but most importantly, I finally beat Scott by a whopping 10 seconds!!!




All the kids were serious troopers and hung out with 
Chantell in the heat the entire race.
They were more than happy to collect on our wins.

2 comments:

Jaci Moore said...

Hey, good job! You're so fast! I do have to say the kokapelli water bottles are my favorite, and I can't ever find any I like that much! I should've had you get me one!

Ashley said...

You are looking awesome these days! Go you!!!!