Monday, January 30, 2012

stitches

With 2 crazy boys and a husband like Scott,
I guess that I should just plan on stitches being a part of our life.....

About 2 weeks ago Dakota and Bridger were wrestling in our family room when I heard a big bump and scream!!! I walked over and started giving my "see what happens when you guys mess around..." when I looked over and saw blood squirting from Dakota's head!!!

I hurried and pressed his blanket over it, and then tried to figure out what Bridger must of stabbed him with... I couldn't believe the amount of blood!!!

It ended up that he had fallen and hit his head on the corner of the rock fireplace.
I had been at work all day taking care of laboring patients,
so all that I could think to keep saying was "Take a Deep Breath"!
Obviously that takes care of everything.

After he finally stopped crying and the blood had stopped spraying, I went through our first aid kit (which was basically stripped clean) and put a abdominal pad on his head and wrapped it with an ace bandage. With blood all over his face and hair, the injury looked a lot worse than it was.

After a lot of convincing I took him over to the insta care where he got only 3 stitches and was so, so brave!!! We were the only ones there and he had a guy tech, nurse and doctor... who all treated him like he was the coolest boy in the world!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that you were telling to take a deep breath! So funny. I am sure you have many more stiches to come:-)