Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

We had a great Halloween this year!
Opposed to last rainy, Halloween, the weather was beautiful, and the boys are at an age where they can really get into the holiday.

For the Halloween Party and my mom's house, Scott and I were Angry Birds!!!
Fun, but the beaks really got in the way.

On Sunday we had my family over for dinner, and I decided to get festive with my cooking. Chantell helped me find these pizza ideas on pintrest and they ended up turning out so cute.
To make the Frankenstein pizza, I just dyed the cheese green. I thought that everyone would love it, but most of my brothers were hesitant to eat green cheese.

I also made some really yummy apple cider in the crock pot. I told Dakota that it was a Witch's Brew, and he had so much fun adding all of the ingredients and waiting for it to bubble!
For example, the cinnamon sticks were actually skeleton bones... super scary :)


For some crazy reason, I agreed to be one of the room mom's for Dakota's class this year... and of course me and the other room mom were in charge of the Halloween party.
It turned out good and all of the kids had so much fun, plus I think that Dakota really liked having his mom there.



Our old ward always did a truck or treat, so we have never really been too serious about trick or treating, but our new neighborhood is all about it.
Dakota was so excited, and asked all day when we could start.

Once we got going, Scott decided to join us instead of handing out treats... After we were about a block away I asked him if he thought one of us should go back to hand out treats?
He said we were covered, because he just left the basket on the porch!!!
I of course was so mad, and needless to say,
by the time I got home the basket did not have one item in it.
I told Scott that he needed to explain to each trick or treater why they were getting hard, old taffy!
Oh well, lesson learned!




The boys loved trick r treating this year. They seriously ran from house to house. Unfortunately for Scott, Bridger got tired about half way through and wanted to be carried from house to house!

We ended the night by going to dinner at Kneaders!
What a fun day...

1 comment:

Jason and Layna said...

We went trick or treating in your neighborhood tonight. Emerson was so sad she did not get to see Dakota.