Saturday, June 11, 2011

Utah Valley Half Marathon

On Saturday we ran the Utah Valley Half Marathon for the second year in a row!!!!
This race is one of my favorites because it is all down hill... the down side is that you have to get up at 3:30 am to get bused up the canyon. :(

For this race I made the goal to finish in under 2 hours which is just over a 9 min/mile pace.
This meant two things.....
1- no bathroom stops
2- no talking
I had to be completely in the zone and watch my pace the whole race.

My final time....
1 hour, 59 minutes and 51 seconds!!!!!


Autumn and Matt (who just got engaged) also ran with us.
After every race, Autumn claims that it will be her last.... this one was no different! :)

3 comments:

Cairen said...

Go Summer! You look so good, I'm totally jealous of your skinny legs!

Matt & Autumn said...

wow your legs do look really ridiculously skinny in this pic.

Leila said...

Way to go!! I'm so sad I didn't see you! Maybe because you went SO STINKIN fast!!!! Congrats on making your goal!