Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Big Hunt!

As we speak, Scott is out backpacking around the Uintas in search of one of these.......

Now I know that you are all green with envy that you don't have the possibility of hanging one of these on your wall,
but that is just one of the perks of being married to a hunter:)
But seriously....
I am torn between my disgust at even the thought of bringing something like that into my house,
& the disappointment that Scott will feel if he does not get one.
His Mountain Goat tag is a once in a life time.
Literally, this is his one and only shot.

For the past week Scott has been like a little boy getting ready for Christmas. Last night he stayed up past midnight packing his stuff and reading up on the big hunt. I even woke up in the middle of the night to find him weighing himself with his backpack on.
When I got up this morning at 5:45 to go running, Scott jumped out of bed and couldn't go back to sleep because he said he was too excited.

I am going to go meet up with him later this weekend and I am actually pretty excited about it. Where we are going you can only get to by backpacking in and the hiking should be fun.
Hopefully he will have already snagged his prize so we can just have fun camping and not worry about the hunting!



Lucky for Scott... he got to have a little helper assist in every step of packing!

No comments: